Difficulty : Medium- Hard
Prep Time : 45 Minutes
Total Time : 6 Hours
Serving Size: 25-30 Balls
White Bread 100g
Parmesan Cheese 70g
Garlic 2 Cloves
Butter, Unsalted 60g
Plain Flour 95g Plus extra for breadcrumbing
Mustard Powder ½ tsp
Cayenne Pepper ¼ tsp
Fine Sea Salt ½ tsp
Ground Pepper 2 Pinches
Crab Meat, Mix of brown and white 100g
Fresh Chives 2 TBSP
1. Tear up bread into a blender and blend until fine breadcrumbs, place in a bowl on the side.
2. Finely grate the parmesan and leave to one side.
3. Really Finely dice the shallots and garlic and place in a pan over medium heat with the butter.
4. Cook down for about 3-5 minutes stirring continuously until soft.
5. Add Flour, Mustard Cayenne and seasoning and mix constantly while still on the heat for a
further 2 minutes.
6. Slowly add the milk a bit at a time while stirring until fully mixed and lump free.
7. Once fully mixed and thickened remove from the heat.
8. Add the crab meat, parmesan and chopped chives, Mix to bind and check seasoning.
9. Transfer mix to a bowl or tub and cover with cling film touching the surface of the mix. Place
in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. (Overnight is best)
10. To breadcrumb line a tray with baking paper. Roll out the croquette mix into balls, about ½
TBSP in size.
11. Place about 60g of plain flour into a bowl.
12. Then in a separate bowl whisk your 2 eggs.
13. Once balled, roll your croquette into the flour, then the egg mix, then breadcrumbs from
14. Place back on the tray and repeat until all mix is used. Chill in the fridge for another hour or
until ready to cook.
15. Heat Oil in a pan or use a deep fat fryer at 170C. In batches cook for 1-2 minutes or until
16. Serve immediately. Best served with our romesco sauce.