Difficulty : Easy
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 1H
Serving Size: 6-8 Slices
For the Pastry:
Plain Flour 150g
Unsalted Butter, Chilled & Diced 75g
Sea Salt ½ tsp
Bacon Cubes 200g
Medium Eggs 4
Cream Fraiche, or Cream 100g
Sea Salt ¼ tsp
Ground Black Pepper 2 x 2 finger Pinches
Hard Cheese, grated, such as parmesan or gruyere 50g
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 26 cm quiche tin.
2. Place all pastry ingredients into a food processor and
blend for about 20-30 Seconds.
3. Tip out onto a floured surface and bring together, roll out slightly bigger than the quiche tin.
4. Grease and flour the tin. Line the tin and then prick the base with a fork, leave to one side.
5. Fry the bacon over a medium heat and drain fat.
6. Place eggs, milk, salt and pepper into your blend and blend until fully combined.
7. Distribute reserved bacon over the pastry, cover with the egg mix and then sprinkle cheese
over. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Hints & Tips
Vegetarian quiche: instead of bacon cubes, use sun-dried tomatoes preserved in oil.
Omit step 5, drain tomatoes and cut in small cubes before placing on pastry in step 7.
Proceed as directed in the recipe.